Thursday, September 07, 2006

I need to learn SHUT UP in Japanese!

So it's 1am and I have a study meeting at AEON headquarters tomorrow morning. I am already stressed about study meetings because someone told me that they usually test your grammar (and everyone knows that grammar is not my strong point, especially you Steph) and now the dude next door is playing awful dance music that has Darth Vadar talking throughout it. That's right - Darth Vader is talking throughout the dance music. I just don't get it. I've tried banging on the wall but he's not getting the message. He is the same guy who plays his guitar early in the morning...and plays the same couple bars of a song OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!

Its driving me bloody mad! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay...on go the headphones - even though I can never sleep with them on, it's better than Darth talking.

I'll post about my awesome trip to Hamamatsu tomorrow.

g'night.

PS. Today I saw a girl wearing a shirt with the word GRAB written across her chest. And then on the subway I saw a guy who had a shirt that said "We love you thunder thighs" I only wish I could have seen the front of that shirt.

PS#2 - Important day in Japan - The princess gave birth to a boy. Now there is no need to change the law so that a girl could be emperess of Japan. I'm bitter.

3 comments:

Steph said...

This entry reminds me of one Elise wrote having the exact same problem, only I believe her problem was that the dude kept playing a Hillary Duff song. I don't know if that's better or worse!

Don't worry about your grammar test, you'll do fine! Plus if they claim you're doing something wrong, just tell them that's how it's done in conventional English and you want your students to have real world knowledge!

Got your email. I'm currently swamped with work stuff, but I'll write back soon. Miss you loads!

Anonymous said...

Or you can be far more crass and teach him some of your exceptional english vocabulary, dropping a couple of f-bombs along the way. This email's made me laugh though - I've officially added the "grab" and "we love your thunder thighs" to my list of t-shirts to make. Out of curiousity, what are considered "thunder thighs" in Japan, the land of tiny stick people?

Cheers, miss you, and I am (not so) slowly going crazy.

Fil

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify Aaron's list of possible annoy-the-hell-outta-the-annoying-neighbour music suggestions: though i don't think it's what he meant when he typed it, anything from "Take That" would indeed qualify as an annoying song.

taryn

> i've just started to work my way back through all the posts that i've missed, but i will get through all of them eventually!

>>Fil: i hear everyone goes crazy when it comes to writing their thesis. So... best of luck, and i hope your family has hidden all the sharp knives.