Saturday, August 25, 2007

busy and a wee bit homesick...


My parents went home a week ago after being in Japan for 3 weeks. It's amazing but after a few days it felt like they'd always been here and now that they've left, I feel a bit lonely and homesick for them.

We had a great Obon vacation - I have so many adventures to write about! From sleeping on a ferry to being chased by monkeys to hiking up a mountain in a heatwave to eating everything from bees (!) and the most wonderful sushi! Even though we travelled like crazy, we also had downtime at my apartment where we cooked, watched Long Way Round and House and chatted. It was perfect.

Having them here got me thinking about how much I miss everyone at home (don't worry - I'm still loving Japan, it's just that two years is a frickin long time!) and I've decided to come home for Christmas/New Years!!! I'm really excited!

Okay, I'm off to work. This weekend I'm going to Nagoya's dance festival and meeting Becky for lunch but I'll try to start posting some Obon stuff (my dad and I went crazy taking pictures....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!

Great to hear that you had a fabulous time with your parents! Also, I'm so glad that you decided to come home for the holidays!!! See you soon then!

Tiffany