Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!



Here's a little picture of my Christmas tree (it came from the 100 yen store...of course). Thank you to everyone who sent me a gift/card/email. Two ridiculously great presents came from Taryn and Justine.

Winner of the best card goes to...Justine!


Here's what she sent me! (Justine is my Spongebob dealer)


Winner of the most packing chips goes to...Taryn!



[Look at the pretty box...and the CHOCOLATE COVERED COFFEE BEANS...DROOL!!!]

The past couple weeks have been filled with Christmas food. Students at work have given us presents of desserts and there have been parties. Check out these sweets.





Here are the best ones - yummy gingerbread from my mom!


For the past two daysI have been staying with the Yamamotos, who are possibly the most wonderful family on the planet. Yesterday I went to Ohara with Yamamoto-san, which is about an hour from Kyoto. Countryside, temples and good company! Today I went to Kyoto by myself and saw kinkaku-ji, Kiyomizudera (in the daytime and hurrah, NO RAIN) and sanjusangendo. I didn't get lost...but I did lose my beloved mittens on the bus somewhere (boohoo). Tomorrow morning I leave for Hiroshima and in the next couple days I will also visit Miyajima and Himeji.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! I miss you all!

Love, Laura.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY C

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS……WE MISS YOU SO….. We are truly blessed that the Yamamotos are such GENEROUS and WONDERFUL FRIENDS and that you are able to spend so much of the holidays with them. Your first Christmas away from home…we will miss you.
Your Charlie Brown Christmas tree is adorable.
Take care and BE SAFE.
Love Mom and Dad and Christopher

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Laura!

Tiffany

Steph said...

Hey, L'Ell! Merry Christmas! I'm glad that JKR has given us all the gift of a new HP title... the last one ever!

Keep your eyes peeled for the gift I sent your way (to your school address). I have no idea how long it takes packages to make it to the other side of the world, but hopefully it'll get there in the next week or so!

I can't believe it will almost be 2007. I hope you do something fun to celebrate the new year. This year, I will not be ringing it in by watching Grey's with my fab friends *sniff sniff*, but will likely end up watching Degrassi: The Next Generation with... other friends. I think Jenn is planning on having piles of sushi, so you'll be there in spirit!

Hope the holidays are treating you well. We need to Skype soon!