Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sayolaura!


The countdown is almost finished (ooo..and my chia pet is still alive!)


OH FOR GAD'S SAKE!! The day has finally arrived! I leave for the airport in less than 8 hours, which is a slightly terrifying thought. My bags are packed and almost bursting at the seams! (Honestly, how can they expect me to pack a year's worth of clothing into one suitcase and then bring a tiny bag for the training week??)

Here's the plan: I fly from Toronto to Chicago, Chicago to Osaka, then take a train to Kyoto and transfer to a shinkansen to Nagoya. There I will be met by an AEON rep who will walk me the 300m to my hotel (I can get all the way there but the company won't let me get to the hotel by myself!). Training starts on Monday and lasts a week and a half. Then I go to Obu with Matthew (the other foreign teacher at my school, who is also new...and hopefully cute and British...) and meet my co-workers and move into my teeeny-tiny apartment.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly (and does not go 'pear-shaped') and keep your fingers crossed the RIP IT energy drink does its magic and keeps me up on the train or who knows, I may end up waking up in Tokyo!

Well, I'm off to bed. My next entry will be from JAPAN!!
Oyasuminasai!

Note: this entry's title is dedicated to Taryn (who suggested it for this blog's title but alas, it was swiftly struck down by Steph)

3 comments:

Peter Matthes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
taryn said...

Aww dammit, you've already had one deleted comment! And i so wanted to be the first one on Laura's Pensieve... *sigh*. Oh well, i guess there's just no point in commenting at all any more, ever.

Have a safe trip tomorrow/today, and as soon as you get an address for your cubicle - oh sorry, i meant apartment - i promise to write a long letter that stands absolutely no chance of being lost by the italian post,

taryn

Steph said...

Oooh, fancy! Someone else has learned how to take screenshots... but I bet ya don't know how to do it just by pressing buttons on the keyboard... :D

Have an amazing time, L'Ell! Never fear about sleeping straight through to Tokyo - the Rip It NEVER fails (it's like "Skelegrow": tastes nasty but does the trick... after all, what were you expecting - pumpkin juice?).

I can't wait to see all the pictures you take and to hear of all your amazing adventures - I just hope that they never involve pictures of bugs the size of fully grown blast-ended skrewts!

And for once, I side with Taryn so make sure you post your address as soon as you get it so that we can start sending you "photo" dvds and other packages from home!

To wit:

I wonder what clothes you wear to school
I wonder how you decorate your room

All right, I'm off to prepare for my own adventure of sorts: road trip with Taryn!