Thursday, November 30, 2006

A couple of dark days

I know people are waiting for a Kyoto update but I've been kind of distracted lately and haven't been in the mood to talk about autumn leaves or historical sights, although both were spectacular. You see, a guy who was a year ahead of me at Richview was attacked with a brick on the weekend and yesterday he passed away.

I remember seeing Michael Serba around the halls of Richview and I admit I had a bit of a crush on him. He looked like one of those good, sweet guys who was different from those really annoying popular kids he hung around (Richview people - you know who I mean).

He is the first person that I know to die at such a young age. And the fact that he died in such a horrific, violent way has really affected me. You never think this kind of thing could happen to someone you know, in a neighbourhood you consider safe. It's shocking and sad.

So I just want to send all of my friends and family a hug. I am thinking about you all and I'm so thankful for each of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura

Michael Serba’s death, although a senseless act of violence, has provided the possibility of continued life for seven persons who were recipients of his organs. Reflecting the values by which he was raised, this was made possible by the selfless act of kindness by his parents, through the organ donor program.

Thinking of you

Take care and BE SAFE
Love Mom and Dad and Christopher