Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Recovery Room


- coughing, headaches and lots of snot!

Today is a holiday (no work!) so here's my plan to cure my cold;
- Orange juice, clementines, anything citrus-infused
- Hot chocolate because it's yummy
- Toast because I don't want to eat anything else
- Crazy Japanese pills given to my by my manager who, I think, is a little terrified that I'll have to take a personal day
- Monty Python autobiography (spam,spam,eggs and spam)
- Felicity (especially the smart powder episode!)("She's supposed to be liking ME!" - Oh Noel!)
- And of course, lots of sleep

In other news:

I GOT TO SKYPE WITH AARON!!! FINALLY. Thank you Dad and Fil for bugging him about downloading it. Now someone just has to get a photo of him talking to me with his karaoke mike!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Sucks that you're under the weather, but it does sound like you've got all the things a girl might need when getting over a cold.

WHY ARE YOU TALKING SO SLOWLY?!?!?

I'm off to D.C. tomorrow (have to be at the shuttle station at 6:20 am... eep!), but hopefully we'll be able to Skype soon as well. Although I never talk to you on anything as interesting as a karaoke mic (hee! Just the thought of that makes me crack up!).

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Sorry to hear you're not well....your plans for recovery are spot on. If you're going to have toast...we all know that Japanese TOAST ROCKS.
Take care and BE SAFE
Love Mom and Dad and Christopher

Anonymous said...

You want photos... consider it a done deal (well so long as I do it within the next 40 days or so).

Enjoy the toast, sleep is good, and be sure the little pills don't make you high. Snot and stoned is likely a very bad (and messy) combination.

Back to my 3-days-late-and-counting paper. Talk to you soon.

Fil

Ps. by 'talk', I mean 'talk'... I think some Skyping is in order. Or maybe once you get the dvds I'm shipping out tomorrow, as it seems are conversations typically revolve around movies and tv.

Pps. Not in the mood to proof read, so here's hoping this even makes sense.

Cheerio.