Saturday, July 07, 2007

365 days


Wow. I can't believe it. I have been in Japan a whole year! I know for some people (ahem..mom) it has felt like a year but since I've been so busy it has really only felt like about 6 months. I've done so much but there's still so much I want to see and do! This has truly been the most amazing and challenging experience of my life.

I'm really looking forward to the next year. Here are some plans I have for the next 3 months
  • A sumo match (Elspeth and I are ridiculously excited about this. Most Japanese people I've talked to have never been to one)
  • Harry Potter Weekend (I'm almost ready to have a heart attack! I don't know if I can handle a new movie and the last book all in one weekend!)
  • An 'off the major tourist trail' tour of central Japan with mom and dad (I'm already getting emotional when I think of seeing them)
  • Climbing Mt. Fuji (climb all night to see the sun rise - hello, climbers' legs)
  • A crazy rafting day trip with my staff (shooting down rapids while standing up on a wooden bridge-like contraption)
  • A long weekend trip to Okinawa with Shinobu, Manager and Elspeth (snorkeling, kayaking, sightseeing, drinking fruity alcoholic drinks... Hopefully it doesn't typhoon)
Also, happy 1st birthday to my little blog!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Laura, looking back at all you've seen in your blog, it definitely feels like you've been away for more than a year! I'm so envious of all that you've accomplished - I just hope there will still be things to do when I make it out there. I'm so glad that a year later you're still loving this whole experience.

Also: Harry Potter! I will be driving back to Nashville, just hours after having queued and picked up the book, so you can be sure that will be an extremely tearful car ride! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
You're right it seems longer than a year..... We can't wait to be with you for your holidays...we can't wait to hold you in our arms..travel with you...meet your friends...JUST BE WITH YOU. Only 3 more weeks.
Wow your calendar is full of exciting events.
Take care and BE SAFE.
Love, Mom and Dad and Christopher