Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bud the Spud


  • This little guy arrived in the mail with some other goodies from Miss Taryn. Isn't he adorable? What a little sweet potato! (Oh and Taryn, you know that's not the last time you've seen that box!)


  • Elspeth treated me to sushi last weekend (We did NOT sample the hot dog sushi). What's better than cheap, delicious sushi and cake whizzing around on a conveyor belt??!!....


  • ....Well, maybe if Orlando could have joined us. Has anyone seen P of the C 3? I seriously have no idea what that movie was about...but wow, was Orlando Bloom attractive! (A quite disgusting lemon pop has started putting his picture on their bottles here...I'm not complaining)


  • Here's the weather forecast for this week. It looks like the rainy season has started. Humidity + Rain = frizzy hair, wet feet and a constant sticky feeling...lovely.
  • I went to a study meeting on Friday, where I met a secret blog reader! Hi Louana! It was great meeting you! Oh, and of course, I found YOUR BLOG, which is so adorable and fantastic! I read your blog instead of preparing for follow-up training...
  • Yesterday I went to 2nd year follow-up training. I had to give up my day off to practice interviews and lessons, etc. It would have been REALLY long and boring, if I hadn't been grouped with Matt and Joanne, who were awesome. After training we went out for drinks and Italian food and chatted about teaching, living and working in Japan. It was nice to talk to teachers who have been here for over a year and they are both hilarious.
  • I know I'm really behind in posting (Golden Week, the rest of May and Taipei) but hopefully this weekend I will have some time to organize and post.

2 comments:

taryn said...

Oh man, yes i saw PoftheC3, but... yah. At first i thought i didn't understand what was going on because my screening was in french -- i figured it wasn't worth the hassle trying to figure out who was playing which version where, as it's not like the dialogue in Pirates is all that subtle or nuanced. And then i thought i didn't understand what was going on because i couldn't remember how the 2nd movie had ended. Then i realized i didn't understand the movie because it was just plain ridiculous.

In other news, i've begun to watch the most recent season of DoctorWho, and i've decided that David Tennant is indeed my new boyfriend. I've also been re-watching my HPs (gotta brush up before the new one!), and was first tipped off by his brilliance in HP4. And the icing on the cake is that he's actually scottish, which makes for some very tasty behind-the-scenes commentaries to listen to... ;)

Steph said...

Yup, POtC3 was a big mess of a movie. I hate that they seemed to think that Kiera Knightley's character was awesome, when she was really just awful, and the majority of the movie was incomprehensible. Definitely a franchise that would have done well to just stick to the first movie.

I'm thinking of rereading HPs 5 & 6 (the last time I read HP5 was when we were planning the Extravaganza. Remember, I would sit on the bus in my blue HP shirt giggling at Fred & George, concerning mothers everywhere!) in preparation for both the movie and the final book. I want everything to be fresh in my mind come July 21st, and we all know that I have the first 4 books of the series memorized! Only about a month now...