Friday, June 01, 2007

I interrupt the China updates for a look at my new spectacles

Pair #1 - Brown and bright orange plastic frames (these were SO cheap!)


Pair #2 - Red metal frames with plastic arms (cost less than a third of what I pay for glasses in Toronto)




Pair #3 - Purplish-red metal frames with cut-out detail (these are my favourite)



I must have taken about 50 pictures of myself this morning. Seriously, it's really hard to take a picture of yourself that you actually like. By the end I felt like screaming...and making weird faces.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Feel free to always update your regularly scheduled blogging to post pictures of cute purchases! I'm seriously SO jealous. I've had the same glasses since I was like, 13, and granted, I rarely if ever wear them, but maybe I would more often (and consequently RUIN my eyesight, or so says Dr. Dad) if they were so ridiculously cute!

taryn said...

Okay, i really don't see how wearing glasses - which you've clearly been prescribed - would "ruin your eyes". Your father, Steph, is patently ridiculous.

But more to the point: Laura, your auto-photos are adorable!! I especially like the face-pulling one at the end. The last time i took auto-photos (modelling some recent shopping purchases), i was so fed up with how i looked in them, that i resorted to pulling "lemon-face" and "lion-face" poses. At least that made them purposefully funny!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
SERIOUSLY...HOW CUTE ARE YOUR NEW GLASSES? I thought mine were great...designed by a Danish designer and made in Japan. I'm going to have to pick up a couple of new pairs while in Japan. Your new glasses really suit your adorably freckled face.
Take care and BE SAFE.
Love, Mom and Dad and Christopher

Unknown said...

Laura, you have to do the MODEL faces!!

Seriously, didn't you learn anything while I was there!! Mahahahahahaaa.

They're awesome by the way!