Friday, November 30, 2007

Everybody Scream and Shout - It's ELSPETH'S BIRTHDAY!!


Happy 25th Birthday Elspeth. Can you believe it's your second birthday in Japan!? Think of all the things we've done! What a year! I know you're freaked about turning 25 but so far it has been a great year for me!

Here are a few things that I love about you and why I'll be forever grateful that we were put in the same training group.
  • Your love of Hello Kitty, of course. She's itty bitty, short and pretty, she's the cat's meow!
  • Your willingness to do crazy Japanese things - like onsening, purikura (you have the purikura skills), attempt to climb f@#$ing Mt.Fuji, etc, etc, too many things to list.
  • How you force me to smile a 'real smile' in pictures.

  • Of course, your super tallness.
  • Your love of pirates, LeSportSac bags, yaki-mochi, illy coffee, shiny things, the 99 yen store, stamps and cats
  • Your exploding bag.
  • Your love of travelling, good food and silly photo opportunities.
  • And most importantly, that your a sweet, hilarious, thoughtful friend!


Happy birthday! I hope you're feeling better and we will celebrate this weekend!

5 comments:

Elspeth said...

!

!!!!

Thank you Laura!!! This totally made my day! I can't use the expression without thinking about ViewPoint, but I'm touched! You're the best!!!

(although I'm a wee embarrassed)
We're going to have a rockin' weekend whether I'm sick or not! So take that stupid cold! Come on white blood cells!!!

Anonymous said...

Elspeth,
The Elliotts also send your BEST WISHES. Happy 25th Birthday! Thanks for being such a great travelling buddy adn great friend to Laura. Wishing you more adventures in this coming year.

Elspeth said...

Thank you! I hope we can meet up when Laura and I return to our North American lives. :)

Unknown said...

Happy B-lated B-day Elspeth.
(you're probably thinking "who is this random person..." ;-)

Laura, I don't know what it is, probably the photo is framed by sparkles/Sakura> You look really Japanese. lol

Anonymous said...

Well I wished you a happy birthday in person, so I don't feel so bad for the super late response here (I've sadly been neglecting Laura's blog while in the same time zone as her). But again - Happy 25th! May it bring nothing but good times (and many Hello Kitties).

See you in Osaka.

Fil