Saturday, November 10, 2007

What eating a lot of bread will get you.


A couple months ago I was in my grocery store when I saw that the loaf of bread I had picked up had miffy, the bunny on it and a one point sticker. Intrigued, I looked around and saw the ad for the miffy bread campaign. Collect enough points and you can get a miffy polar fleece blanket for free!

Food in Japan often has points on it. For example, at the convenience store near my school the current point campaign is for Doraemon (robot cat) plates (15pts) and bags (30pts). Our staff has already collected enough points for three bags (90 points). That's a lot of onigiri!

Back to miffy...I told Elspeth about it and we both started eating miffy bread. 15 loaves later I got my adorable new blanket yesterday!

PS. Before everyone has a heart attack - Japanese loaves of bread only contain 6 slices!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMM!! We love Japanese bread toasted. There is no other bread like it. Your Miffy blanket is so COOL. Only in Japan do adultslove these children's characters as much as kids do.
Take care and BE SAFE.
Love, Mom and Dad and Christopher

taryn said...

Haha, "15 loaves later" :)
So, do you and Elspeth now BOTH have a blanket, or was this a team event? ;)

Laura said...

I am more of a miffy fan than Elspeth (I used to love Dick Bruna books when I was little), so she helped me get the points. I would never have been able to get enough points if we both hadn't been eating miffy bread!

Steph said...

That was very kind of Elspeth! I should imagine that with only 6 slices/loaf, most people aren't clamoring to eat much bread in Japan.

But it's hard to tell from the photo - is it real blanket size, or is it too small to cover you? It looks more like you got a miffy fleece handtowel from over here!